In May of 2023 we were thrilled to hold our first in-person meeting since 2019. The University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) and Queen's University co-presented the 41st annual meeting of the Southern Ontario Neuroscience Association (SONA). The meeting was held on May 5, 2023 at UTSC in Scarborough and was attended by 266 individuals including 42 faculty, 11 exhibitors, and 213 trainees (undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows).
We are grateful to the University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) and Queen's University for making this outstanding meeting possible. Special thanks to meeting co-chairs Dr. Rutsuko Ito Lee (UTSC) and Dr. Mary Olmstead (Queen's University) and the rest of the organizing committee for their hard work and for hosting such a successful meeting. We are also grateful to all the speakers for their wonderful presentations, and to the meeting sponsors listed below.
2024 MEETING: We are excited to announce that the 42nd SONA meeting will be held in Waterloo. This meeting will be co-hosted by the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University, and will be held on May 3, 2024.
Additional conference details and registration information will be posted here in early 2024. If you would like to receive an email when additional information is available, please subscribe to the SONA mailing list.
2022, May 27 - 40th meeting - University of Toronto
2019, May 2 - 39th meeting - University of Windsor
2018, May 4 - 38th meeting - University of Guelph
2017, May 5 - 37th meeting - Brock University
2016, May 6 - 36th meeting - University of Waterloo
2015, May 1 - 35th meeting - McMaster University
2014, May 5 - 34th meeting - Western University
2013, May 13 - 33rd meeting - Wilfrid Laurier University
2012, April 30 - 32nd meeting - University of Toronto
2011, May 9 - 31st meeting - University of Guelph
2010, May 7 - 30th meeting - Brock University
2009, May 8 - 29th meeting - McMaster University
- Program and abstracts
2008, May 9 - 28th meeting - University of Western Ontario
2007, May 24 - 27th meeting - University of Toronto
- May 3, 2024: Waterloo (held at Wilfrid Laurier University; co-hosted with the University of Waterloo)
- 2025 [tentative]: London (hosted by Western University)
- 2026 [tentative]: Location TBD (co-hosted by Brock University and McMaster University)
- 2027 [tentative]: Guelph (hosted by the University of Guelph)
- 2028 [tentative]: Windsor (hosted by the University of Windsor)
- 2029 [tentative]: Toronto (hosted by the University of Toronto; to be held on St. George or UTM campus)
- 2030 [tentative]: Scarborough (co-hosted by Queen's University and the University of Toronto Scarborough)
- 2031 [tentative]: Waterloo (co-hosted by the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University; location TBD)